If you are selling goods in the State of Colorado your business is required to have a sales tax license (sometimes known as a vendor license). This license, through the state Department of Revenue, is required for the collection and distribution of sales tax revenue. The Department of Revenue has set up a helpful webpage with information about sales tax licenses/accounts. Here you can find out:
- Types of sales tax licenses
- How to get a license
- How to renew your license
- How to close out a license
- How to use Revenue Online to access account information
- Verify whether another business is licensed in Colorado
- Verify, add, correct, or make changes to your address, etc.