Rocky Mountain National Park celebrates its 100th birthday this year. This scenic destination also has a colorful history. In our library you can find several books that explore the history of RMNP and nearby Estes Park, including
- Rocky Times in Rocky Mountain National Park: An Unnatural History
- America’s Switzerland: Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park, the Growth Years
- Rocky Mountain National Park: A History
RMNP is also home to numerous wildlife species. Check out Rocky Mountain Mammals: A Handbook of Mammals of Rocky Mountain National Park and Vicinity, also available from our library.
You can find information from the Colorado Tourism Office about RMNP’s yearlong birthday celebration.
Image courtesy Colorado Tourism Office
- How to Spot the Differences Between Eagles and Hawks - August 16, 2021
- How Transportation Projects Help Tell the Story of Colorado’s Past - August 9, 2021
- Time Machine Tuesday: The Night the Castlewood Canyon Dam Gave Way - August 3, 2021