The 2006 Fishing Guide will be available this month and the warm weather open water fishing season is just around the corner. The Colorado Division of Wildlife’s annual efforts of stocking fish in lakes, rivers, and streams is well underway. Anglers have many resources to make the sport more enjoyable.
- Fishing clinics for the entire family are scheduled.
- Buying a license has become easier.
- Fishing regulations and property directory for 2006 is online.
- Check out fishing conditions by regions of the state.
- Where are the fishing “hot spots” in northern, western, & SE Colorado?
- Want to know what’s on the end of that line? Check out Species ID.
- What about the current information on whirling disease?
Search CoSPL online catalog to borrow reports on the state fish, the greenback cutthroat trout, including a video detailing it’s history called the “Incredible Journey of the Greenback Cutthroats” (NR6.2/C97/1996) by Hugh Gardner. Other titles on fishing and aquatic research are available at the library.