Felonies for controlled substances and assault increased in 2017 over the previous year, while theft and forgery were slightly down, according to the 2017 annual report of the Office of Community Corrections, which was released last week. A part of the Colorado Department of Public Safety (CDPS), the Office of Community Corrections works to “enhance public safety by working to improve the supervision and rehabilitation of offenders assigned to community corrections across Colorado.” Community corrections refers to parole, probation, behavioral health, etc. The annual report offers statistics on offender types, demographics, treatment, escapes and violations, employment, length of stay, criminal history, discharges, child support, and much more. You can find the annual reports going back to 2000 available online from our library.
CDPS also recently released a new research and statistical report, Community Corrections in Colorado: Program Outcomes and Recidivism. The also recently updated their Community Corrections Standards. Other community corrections reports available from our library include:
- Background and Purpose of the Intensive Supervision Parole Program
- Colorado Board of Parole annual reports:
- Colorado Community Parole Officer Time and Workload Assessment Study
- Community-based Offender Treatment Services: Approved Treatment Provider Program Services
- Community-based Offender Treatment Services: Substance Abuse Treatment Services
- Confinement for Technical Violations of Community Supervision: Is There an Effect on Felony Recidivism?
- Correctional Population Forecasts
- Effective Community-Based Supervision of Young Offenders
- HB14-1355 Annual Report, Department Re-entry Initiatives
- How do Probation Officers Assess and Manage Recidivism and Violence Risk for Probationers with Mental Health Disorder?
- Outcomes Among Drug Court Participants
- Overview, Colorado State Board of Parole Administrative Release Guideline Instrument
- The Parolee-Parole Officer Relationship as a Mediator of Criminal Justice Outcomes
- Probation Services in Colorado
- Psychotropic Medication Program for Community Based Offenders with Mental Illness
- Risk Factors for Recidivism in Offenders with Intellectual Disabilities
- Special Sentencing for Felony and Misdemeanor Offenses
- State Adult Parole Initiatives
- Transitioning from Prison to Parole
- Utilizing Behavioral Interventions to Improve Supervision Outcomes in Community-Based Corrections
For additional resources visit our web catalog.
- How to Spot the Differences Between Eagles and Hawks - August 16, 2021
- How Transportation Projects Help Tell the Story of Colorado’s Past - August 9, 2021
- Time Machine Tuesday: The Night the Castlewood Canyon Dam Gave Way - August 3, 2021