October is Bullying Prevention Month. The State of Colorado has two excellent resources on bullying, the Colorado School Safety Resource Center and the University of Colorado’s Center for the Study and Prevention of Violence. Some of the helpful resources these agencies have published (and are available from our library) include:
- Bullying and Harassment Prevention and Education from the Colorado School Safety Resource Center, 2011.
- Bullying Prevention from the Center for the Study and Prevention of Violence, 2008:
- An Overview of Bullying, also from the Center for the Study and Prevention of Violence.
Additionally, the Colorado Dept. of Education has also published several helpful fact sheets on bullying, including What is Bullying? and What Parents and Teachers Should Know About Bullying. Help keep your kids safe by checking out these helpful resources.
- How to Spot the Differences Between Eagles and Hawks - August 16, 2021
- How Transportation Projects Help Tell the Story of Colorado’s Past - August 9, 2021
- Time Machine Tuesday: The Night the Castlewood Canyon Dam Gave Way - August 3, 2021