Starting this evening (October 26) public safety agencies across Colorado will be increasing their patrols in an effort to catch those who drink and drive.
The Colorado Department of Transportation and the Colorado State Patrol give the following tips for a safe Halloween:
- Designate your sober driver before going out and give that person your keys;
- If you are impaired, call a taxi, use mass transit or call a sober friend or family member
to help get you home safely;
- Always buckle up – it’s still your best defense against an impaired driver;
- If you know someone is about to drive while impaired, take their keys and help them
make other arrangements to get where they are going safely;
- Motorists can report drunk and aggressive drivers by calling STAR-CSP (*277), a free
cell phone call.
For more information, and statistics on DUI arrests during the Halloween holiday, see the news release on the Department of Transportation website, and check out the Traffic Safety Media Room