Today is Veteran’s Day — to all our veterans and active military out there, thank you for your service. The State of Colorado offers many resources for veterans:
- The Colorado Division of Veterans Affairs can help veterans find employment, health care, and additional resources.
- The Colorado Dept. of Human Services administers the State Veterans Home program. State Veterans Homes can be found in Aurora, Florence, Monte Vista/Homelake, Rifle, and Walsenburg.
- The Colorado Dept. of Labor and Employment has a Veterans’ Services webpage to help veterans with employment.
- The Division of Property Taxation offers information on the property tax exemption for disabled veterans.
- Finally, see the State of Colorado’s Benefits for Veterans page for information on home loans, benefits for dependents and survivors, burial and memorial assistance, and more.