The transition from winter to spring often brings a wild variety of weather, which can lead to severe storms. There is a lot of useful information on preparing for, and surviving severe weather conditions from the Colorado Division of Emergency Management. Online resources include:
- Flash flood facts and tips
- Lightning safety and tips
- 72 hour family emergency kit
- Family Emergency Preparedness Guide
- Public Preparedness Information
Additional print resources can be located by searching our library catalog using keywords: “floods”, “wildfires”, “tornado”, or “emergency”.