The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) has just released a new state health plan. Entitled Healthy Colorado: Shaping a State of Health, the report details the CDPHE’s/State of Colorado’s public health improvement efforts planned for the next five years. According to the CDPHE’s press release, the new report brings together the suggestions outlined in “Colorado’s 10 Winnable Battles” and Governor Hickenlooper’s 2013 “State of Health” report, along with recommendations from the CDC. It is the state’s second public health improvement plan, following the 2009 plan.
Previous plans can be accessed from our library, including:
- Healthy Colorado 2010 (published in 2005)
- Healthy Colorado: A Report on Colorado’s Efforts to Achieve the Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Objectives for the Year 2000 (published in 1994)
- Colorado State Health Plan (published in 1980, 1982, and 1985)
- How to Spot the Differences Between Eagles and Hawks - August 16, 2021
- How Transportation Projects Help Tell the Story of Colorado’s Past - August 9, 2021
- Time Machine Tuesday: The Night the Castlewood Canyon Dam Gave Way - August 3, 2021