Tomorrow, being January 1, a number of new laws will take effect. These include:
- An increase in Colorado’s minimum wage. Minimum-wage workers will automatically receive a 26-cent pay increase as required by the Colorado Constitution. For more information, see the Colorado Dept. of Labor & Employment’s Minimum Wage Fact Sheet.
- New drunk driving laws. Careful you don’t party too hardy tonight, because a new drunk driving law takes effect at midnight, requiring that everyone charged with a DUI be required to install an ignition interlock device in their car, or lose their license for a period of time. The new law states that interlock devices will be required for first-time offenders as well as repeat offenders.
- Sales tax rate changes. Some cities and counties will have an increase in sales tax. To find out if your city or county is affected, and what the money will go for, see the Colorado Dept. of Revenue’s press release.
Latest posts by Amy Zimmer (see all)
- How to Spot the Differences Between Eagles and Hawks - August 16, 2021
- How Transportation Projects Help Tell the Story of Colorado’s Past - August 9, 2021
- Time Machine Tuesday: The Night the Castlewood Canyon Dam Gave Way - August 3, 2021