With the recent rainy weather, it is prudent to be aware of the possibility of mold growth in the home, particularly if you have any leaks or have any water in your basement or crawl space. Rainy weather, however, is not the only contributor to mold in the home, according to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE). Humidifiers, shower steam, drying clothes indoors, and even sprinkler spray hitting the house can all be potential culprits for mold. CDPHE emphasizes that some mold is always present, but becomes a problem and must be addressed if and when you can see or smell mold. For information on cleanup procedures and potential health risks of mold, see the CDPHE’s Mold Information Sheet. Instructions for cleaning up mold can also be found in the CDPHE’s guidebook After the Flood: A Guide to Returning to Your Home and Cleaning Up.