A hot topic this week has been immunizations for children, after news of a recent measles outbreak alongside a continuing debate over whether parents should be able to opt out of vaccinations over concerns of possible connection to conditions such as autism. Recently the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) posted a news release regarding measles and the importance of vaccinations.
In our library you can find many resources on these topics. Some recent resources from CDPHE include:
- Facts About Measles
- Vaccine-Preventable Diseases in Colorado: Surveillance Report
- Colorado Immunization Manual
Also be sure to check out the CDPHE’s immunizations webpage. Here you can find out about school and childhood immunizations; where to obtain your immunization records; immunization schedules; state rules; and locations of public health clinics where vaccines are administered.
- How to Spot the Differences Between Eagles and Hawks - August 16, 2021
- How Transportation Projects Help Tell the Story of Colorado’s Past - August 9, 2021
- Time Machine Tuesday: The Night the Castlewood Canyon Dam Gave Way - August 3, 2021