Under Colorado law nearly 40 different professions are required to report cases of child abuse and neglect. However, many people in these professions have reported not receiving the proper training on mandatory reporting. To find out if you are in one of the professions that is required to report, see the list posted at the Colorado Department of Human Services (CDHS)’s website. If you find your profession in this list and feel that you need additional training, you can access a free online training course from CDHS.
For more resources on this topic see the following resources, available from our library:
- Child Abuse and Neglect: An Introductory Manual for Professionals and Paraprofessionals
- Child Abuse and Neglect: Information for School Employees
- Preventing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect: Guidance for School Personnel
- How to Spot the Differences Between Eagles and Hawks - August 16, 2021
- How Transportation Projects Help Tell the Story of Colorado’s Past - August 9, 2021
- Time Machine Tuesday: The Night the Castlewood Canyon Dam Gave Way - August 3, 2021