Several opinion articles referencing the Lowry Landfill in East Denver have appeared in the Denver Post in recent weeks. Our library has several publications from the Colorado Dept. of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) that offer background and analysis on the superfund site. These include:
- Lowry Landfill Superfund Site Five-Year Review Fact Sheet, 2001
- Lowry Landfill Superfund Site Information Update, 2000
- Lowry Landfill Superfund Site Review Sheet, 2000
- Report of the Governor’s Lowry Landfill Assessment Task Force, 1980
- Final Report of the Governor’s Science & Technology Advisory Council on the Lowry Landfill, 1980
Also be sure to visit the CDPHE’s Lowry Landfill website, which includes maps and current information on chemicals, environmental cleanup, and potential development.