As the ski season approaches, the problem of congestion along I-70 again becomes a hot topic. In 2011, the Colorado State Legislature passed HB11-1210, requiring the Colorado Dept. of Transportation (CDOT) to study possible solutions for I-70 traffic and mobility. The resulting study has recently been cataloged by our library: Report Pursuant to HB 11-1210, Recommendations Regarding Short Term Mobility Solutions Along the I-70 Mountain Corridor. Some additional state publications that discuss this topic include:
- Developing an Active Traffic Management System for I-70 in Colorado, CDOT, 2012
- I-70 Eagle County Winter Travel Guide, CDOT, 2008
- Tunnel Visioning: A Design Workshop for the Twin Tunnels, CDOT, 2011
- http://www.coloradodot.info/projects/i70twintunnels: Info on construction activity, tunnel widening, and traffic impacts.
- How to Spot the Differences Between Eagles and Hawks - August 16, 2021
- How Transportation Projects Help Tell the Story of Colorado’s Past - August 9, 2021
- Time Machine Tuesday: The Night the Castlewood Canyon Dam Gave Way - August 3, 2021