Many farmers’ markets will be opening this weekend. The Colorado Dept. of Agriculture has posted an updated list of farmers’ market locations and schedules. See also their Colorado Farm Fresh Directory. Our library has many resources for both visitors and vendors. Some helpful resources include:
- Shopping at Colorado Farmers’ Markets, Colorado State University Extension, 2010.
- Farmers’ Markets and Direct Marketing for Colorado Producers, Colorado State University Extension, 2009.
- Tips for Farmers’ Market Vendors, Colorado Dept. of Agriculture, 2009.
- Food Safety Guide for Colorado Farmers’ Market Vendors, Colorado Dept. of Agriculture, 2007.
- Planning and Developing a Farmers’ Market, Colorado State University Dept. of Agricultural and Resource Economics, 2005.
Vendors should also visit Colorado Farm to Market, a Colorado Dept. of Agriculture-sponsored website that guides producers and vendors through the regulations involved with selling and manufacturing food products in Colorado.
- How to Spot the Differences Between Eagles and Hawks - August 16, 2021
- How Transportation Projects Help Tell the Story of Colorado’s Past - August 9, 2021
- Time Machine Tuesday: The Night the Castlewood Canyon Dam Gave Way - August 3, 2021