Listen to this article
During our summer kits preparation time, Deborah from John C Fremont Library shared with us an innovative way to take pop-out story times out of the libraries.
We already know that while kids are all excited and thrilled about summer time, librarians and informal child care providers are pulling their hair off to come up with new, fun and engaging ideas for summer activities.
Outreach, summer reading, lesson planning, and programming, can take a whole lot of your time as a librarian, having that in mind, AWE learning has come up with a little help for you.
LiteracyGO tablet is the newest early literacy solution from AWE learning.
“Is an early literacy tablet that focuses on educational content and is engaging, durable, easy to use, and safe.”
Through home visitation and pop-out storytimes in the community, Deb, plans to take out storytimes and their literacy center. The LiteracyGo offers, fun and interactive classic story titles for all ages, the text is highlighted, words are pronounced, and content is enhanced with fun hidden features.
It’s a bright solution to reach those who have limited access to the library!
Some of the features of the Learning Stations are:
- Created specifically for young learners!
- Award-winning content: Providing hours of education and fun!
- 70+ Software titles: Over 4,000 learning activities
- – English, Bilingual Spanish, & Bilingual French Content List
- Correlated content: Aligned to STEM/STREAM and correlated to academic standards
- Safe environment: Self-contained learning solution keeps children away from unwarranted websites and content
- Engaging and fun! Full of child-friendly images, sounds, songs & videos
- Utilization statistics: AWE Learning’s unique Customer Portal allows you to easily view utilization statistics for any given time period
- Easy to use! As a plug-and-play solution, the product is ready for use out of the box!
- Ideal for all learning styles: Auditory, visual, tactile & kinesthetic learners.
Latest posts by Pamela Mejia de Rodriguez (see all)
- 5 Early Literacy Practices for Babies - June 6, 2018
- Summer Reading 2018: Libraries Rock!The Importance of Music in Early Child Development - May 8, 2018
- Creating Full Brain Activities - May 4, 2018