DPLA is seeking proposals for DPLAfest, a gathering that will explore how libraries, archives, museums, and other cultural organizations across the country leverage technology to serve, inform, and empower communities. We invite proposals that showcase projects, ideas, and solutions designed to help the field meet the technological, social, and civic demands of the 21st century and that highlight the critical role of libraries—and the DPLA network—in shaping the future of access to digital knowledge.In line with the DPLAfest 2019 theme of Future Shapers, Culture Makers, we invite proposals for presentations, roundtable discussions, and lightning talks related to:
- Assessment and impact
- Collaboration with non-traditional partners
- Collections as data
- Community voices, including inclusive collection development and practice and building and sustaining community-based collections
- Ebooks, audiobooks, and digital storytelling platforms
- Innovations in e-content delivery services
- Library Simplified/SimplyE
- Reuse of content and/or data
- Self-publishing models and platforms
- Sharing cultural heritage
- Technology innovation in areas including, but not limited to: content delivery platforms, aggregation technology, machine learning, virtual reality, blockchain
We also encourage proposals that highlight current digital library initiatives in the DPLA network’s hubs and contributing institutions.The deadline to submit a session proposal is Friday, January 11, 2019.
DPLAfest Website Now Live : Visit our new event website at dplafest2019.dp.la for all things DPLAfest! View featured speakers, registration, travel information, and more, with new information added regularly over the coming months.