The Colorado Historic Newspapers Collection (CHNC) has recently lowered its pricing for digitizing newspapers and adding it to the free-to-use online collection. Currently CHNC has over 900,000 pages of historic newspapers from over 200 titles representing 54 of the 64 Colorado counties; with more always on the way. The new prices for the following processes are:
- Digitization of newspapers on existing microfilm – .85 cents per page
- Microfilming of original newspapers and digitization of that film- $1.10 per page
- Digitization from original newspapers- $1.60 per page
- Estimates that are customized to fit your budget and your timeline
- Digitization of your chosen titles and years
- Processing of those digitized files that includes article segmentation, creation of METS/ALTO metadata (international standard) and OCR conversion.