In 2017-18, consultants from the State Library are traveling to several regions of the state for CSL Share & Learn, an event that combines professional development with time to share with colleagues. This free event is perfect for anyone working in libraries and cultural heritage organizations. The next CSL Share & Learn will be at Farr Regional Library in Greeley on December 8, 2017. We hope you’ll join us!
What can you expect at CSL Share & Learn?
We designed CSL Share & Learn to be an interactive, fun day that combines hands-on learning with time to “talk shop” in small and large groups. It also includes the opportunity to discuss library issues with State Librarian Gene Hainer.
Date & Time
December 8, 2017
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
The event begins before the library opens to the public. A Farr staff member will be on hand to let you in.
Location & Parking
Farr Regional Library
1939 61st Ave, Greeley, CO
Ample parking is available at the library.
CSL Share & Learn is FREE!
Registration is closed.
Food & Drink
Light snacks will be available, but you are responsible for your own meals and beverages, including coffee.
You are welcome to bring a brown bag lunch; there are also lunch options within walking distance and several more a short drive away on Centerplace Drive.
- 9:00-9:30, Game: How Well Do You Know CSL?
- 9:30-11:00, Session 1: It’s not too late! Create a basic marketing plan for your summer learning program that you can implement right away. (Beth Crist and Amy Hitchner).
- 11:00-11:15, Break
- 11:15-11:45, Conversations with the State Librarian. Bring your questions about state or national topics, and share what’s going on in your area with Gene Hainer.
- 11:45-1:15, Lunch on your own
- 1:15-2:45, Session 2: Make your data work for you. Learn how to package and present data that represents your achievements and programs in ways that appeal to and resonate with your community. (Katie Fox and Miranda Doran-Myers)
- 2:45-3:00, Break
- 3:00-4:00, Small and Large Group Sharing Time; Wrap-up
- It’s Not Too Late! (Google Slides) – Greeley presentation
- Create Your Library’s Summer Program Marketing Plan (pdf) – handout
- Potential Marketing Partners and Channels for Your Summer Program (pdf) – handout
- 2017 Educator Toolkit Binder (pdf) – a summer learning marketing packet for teachers created by High Plains Library District and shared by Kelli Johnson
- Make Your Data Work For You (Google Slides) – Greeley presentation
- Colorado Virtual Library
- Colorado State Library Services A-Z
Please contact Amy Hitchner, Collaborative Programming Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are planning to bring CSL Share & Learn to other regions in Colorado. Keep an eye out for announcements about upcoming dates and locations.